Its Monday Morning, a private time carved out and set aside by the gods for one to catch up on all the internet happenings of the weekend. A time to celebrate.. or maybe thats just me.
Today, while meandering through my RSS feed and twitter and email and and and and and scroll scroll scroll skreech hault bam. I F O U N D I T. Facebook status drama. Internet gold. Today Rules. Look at all these comments.
@S******** ********* YOUR A SLIMY GROSS SLUT.
o m g. yessssss.
Normally this type of stuff really does it for me. I dont know why but I just love seeing this kind of stuff play out online even when I have absolutely zero attachment to the people involved. Theres just something about it.
But, this status was a little different. Not Because it lacked any of the stuff I usually look for in internet fights but because it was directly followed by an article a friend posted about the debating: Reclaiming/Renouncing The Word Slut.
Well fuck. Now I have to use my brain (exactly the opposite of what Monday mornings are for).
For the sake of these 2 facebook updates being cosmically aligned and for this blog post Im gonna say that I freaking LOVE floozies. Comfortable in their own skin, sexually grounded and charged, boss ladies? yes. In my girls night out crew there’s a best friend who fucks on the first date, 3 big-titted-tight-shirted ‘internet girls”, a burlesque dancer and a porn star who I text from time to time. They’re the best.
Also, again for the sake of this argue I will say that they have been slapped with words like slut, or, or.. you get it… probably once or twice more than they average girl walking down the street.
So if these girl’s, as far as the average population assumes, are “sluts”.. why are ya’ll not singing their praises.. because I think sluts might…. rule? I dunno, Im probably biased considering the girls Ive laid out as an examples happen to be some of my best friends.. but whatever.. do you feel me here?
So now Im thinking about my stance on reclaiming or renouncing the word because it kind of feels like Im reclaiming it? but maybe thats because I have never been offended by words, so maybe Im being insensitive?? and Im also still pissed that Im using my brain on monday and Im not back up at the top status just loling at that.. Im down here in this soul quest of a status…. and now Im blogging.
Ok, so if Im “reclaiming” it, when was the last time I used it?
Oh yea, thats right. I threw this word around a little when I close friend of mine slept with my ex. and I really threw it hard. but wait, now that I think about it, and the definition I previously decided on for the word…. that girl wasn’t a slut? She was actually quite sexually stifled. She actually wasnt much of anything at all.. other than a bad friend. A really, really bad friend.
Alright so I wont drag you through the rest of my rabbit hole thought process here but I will say, in high school especially, the “slutty” girls were often the girls who slept around and drew a lot of attention to themselves by dragging their private times out into the public by posting lame shit online or causing fights.These girls weren’t “slutty” theyre just dramatic and annoying. Headache inducers. They’re fucking dudes and talking about it, and crying, and causing problems and being aggressive enough to call attention but passive enough to never truly squash the issues theyve brought down on their own heads. As you grow these girls dont go away or change. No matter how fast you get there once youre in your mid-20s you’ll realize that amongst your friends your “numbers” all kind of even out…and those drama causing girls from high school are just being annoying about something else now.
Ok, so “slut” is not only being wildly misused by myself and others but also by men and anyone intending on berating us? ok so fuck, lets get rid of all those words? Renounce! Cunt? No, its just a word…zero effect. Bitch? yea men use that. No, I like that word.. bitches rule. Fuck. Im stuck. Am I Fem-stale? I hope the fuck not.
I havent really made a point here and I know that. Its because Im still on the fence about reclaiming/renouncing or whether or not I care….anyway, help me think about this while I go back and monitor Whitney’s FB status.. its getting cool in there.
- bedazzlemyeggbeater likes this
- yourtangledtongue reblogged this from steaktumblr
- seungli likes this
- venommm likes this
- bridgetmaygeary reblogged this from steaktumblr
- bdank reblogged this from steaktumblr
- bdank likes this
- barbarakush reblogged this from steaktumblr
- welaughlikesoftmadchildren reblogged this from steaktumblr
- welaughlikesoftmadchildren likes this
- sailhatan666 reblogged this from steaktumblr
- tequilamermaids likes this
- mind--less likes this
- nickelsack answered: also, our ancestors fought long and hard for our freedom to OUR OWN BODIES, and sexual expression. ima celebrate dat
- unicornsareprettyrad likes this
- dxrkstxxxr answered: slut is a socially constructed word. it reinforces the double standard and makes girls feel ashamed to be open with their sexuality. imo
- smerkaberrl answered: Own it gurl.
- terramantra likes this
- missusfahrenheit likes this
- bellicosebunnies answered: I entwine emotion in sex, and Im very guarded with who I “let in”. Im envious of the promiscuous who dont have that barrier to satisfaction.
- nickelsack answered: my take on it: why stress? theyre words other ppl use like ammo, but i’m bulletproof bb.
- cacaflacaflame reblogged this from steaktumblr and added:
- cacaflacaflame likes this
- avocad-yo likes this
- cacaflacaflame answered: I can
- ni-pples answered: I feel hypocritical all the time cause i really dont see people who sleep around as bad people but jealousy kicks in & i just throw out slut
- stonersongs answered: Idc if they’re swinging they’re arms around as long as they don’t hit me. Why should we care what they do moreover name what they do at all?
- ape-ruhl answered: I have no point here, but that is a terrible friend! Hope you got rid of her.
- rachelcooksbrain likes this
- thispistolsmokes reblogged this from steaktumblr
- retardgrl likes this
- warsaw-wasraw likes this
- emmainthemorning answered: It’s tough. I just try to live my life sexually liberated and encourage my friends to do the same…while not being assholes to one another.
- purrfect-universe likes this
- freelancedumbass answered: Ladies should not be labeled with a stigma. We are all humans, so what’s the deal!? “Slut” is just another word for insecure. Bitches rule!
- cassthefrass likes this
- teenghostkitten reblogged this from steaktumblr
- teenghostkitten likes this
- ruinsofreveries likes this
- littledoeeyes likes this
- creeepi likes this
- setsil likes this
- complexly answered: I can feel where you are coming from, but just because you enjoy someone’s friendship doesn’t really make their actions less slutty.
- theplatonicspreekillers likes this
- smokemethlovecats likes this
- pixietits likes this